Free yourself from your costly all-in-one broadband service subscriptions and explore cheaper streaming TV services. With yearly increases and less need for the hundreds of cable channels that go unwatched consider cutting the cord. The time has come to live stream TV. Costly cable prices continue to rise. What’s the solution? Get with the times, only pay for internet and stream all your TV needs. 90% of cable channels go unwatched and yet we still see yearly increases to the cost of our cable!
Cable television has been our source for quality TV shows and movies for a long time. But now you hear people talking about the most popular shows they aren’t referring to cable channels, but streaming services. These services have original content such as Netflix’s Stranger Things, Hulu’s The Handmaids Tale, Netflix’s Bird Box and more. The best part? They arethe same quality and original content for a fraction of the price! People who have cut the cord and now stream are saving. The savings may run over a $1,000 dollars a year!
Now, we can still watch some of our favorite shows without the hefty cable bill we see every month. Here are some tips on how to cut the cord and transition into streaming your TV effortlessly.
Cable TV Alternatives:
Whether it’s your favorite news, network or sports channel you don’t want to give up, you don’t have to! A number of streaming services now offer a Live TV package that is still way less costly than your cable bill. This means you get all the great benefits of live TV plus all their streaming TV shows and movies. Company’s that offer this are YouTube TV, Hulu, Sling TV and Philo.
Pick the Best Streaming Device For You.
There are a number of quality streaming devices to choose from such as Amazon Fire Stick, Roku or a Smart TV with built-in streaming apps, my recommendation? Invest in an Apple TV, with an Apple TV all your data from your iPhone get transferred over creating an even more seamless transition.
Find The Best Streaming Services For Your Needs.
Don’t subscribe to all of them. It’s not necessary, if you do it will end up costing the same monthly payment as cable. The key is to knowing the type of content these services offer and what type of content you want to watch. Let’s break this down in order to pick the right ones:
- YouTube TV. YouTube has come up with a Live TV package that gives you all the benefits of Live TV and recording your favorite shows! Plan starts at $64.99/month.
- Netflix. One of the first streaming services and still a favorite. Netflix has a variety of TV and movies as well as original TV shows and movies. You really can’t go wrong with this one. Netflix starts at just $9.99/month.
- Hulu. Like Netflix Hulu offers plenty of TV and movies options as well as original content. They do differ on what network shows and movies they have. Depending on your favorite content you will be happy with either. Hulu however does offer a Live TV option, which means you get the benefit of their streaming TV plus live TV. Hulu starts just $6.99/month and their Live TV option is $75/month (Which now also includes Disney+ and ESPN+)!
- Disney+. If you have kids or are a Marvel fan then Disney+ may be a must have for you. It goes without being said you’ll get access to all Disney movies and TV shows plus Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic. Plans start at just $7.99/month and they also have a bundle deal where you can get Hulu, Disney+ and ESPN+ for $19.99 (this bundle does not include Hulu live).
- Discovery+. This is a newer streaming service but a must have for any House Hunters, Barefoot Contessa or Married at First sight fan. You get access to all of HGTV, TLC, The Food Network and so much more!
- Amazon Prime TV. With an Amazon Prime account you can stream TV shows, movies and their own original content like Flea Bag. You can also purchase or rent premium content.
These are just some of the streaming services available today. Think about what TV and movies you like to watch and see which option/options would best suit your live style, alternatively you can sign up for their free trails and see which ones you prefer!
If you’re a sports fan, cord cutting may be hard since cable TV gives you access to not only home games but matches all over the world and many regional sports networks are stuck on DirecTV stream. You can still stream sports content with major sports organizations offering streaming packages like MLB.TV, NFL Live and NBA League Pass, if you are a die hard sports fan these may be worth considering. If you only follow a team or two you can simply choose a Live TV streaming platform.
A hard part about cutting the cord may be your access to premium channels such as HBO, Starz and Showtime where you can watch content like Game Of Thrones, however all of these channels have cut out the middleman and you can now access them on their stand alone streaming services (HBO Max, Showtime Anytime and Starz). These can be accessed through apps or via your Apple TV.
Before you cut the cord, make sure you have a strong internet source, if you have weak WiFi you won’t be able to enjoy streaming services. If your internet is not fast enough, or has dead zones, we can fix that. Read more about that here.
It is worth your while to find out what type of internet speed you have. It may be necessaryto upgrade it before you cut your cable. . If you reside in my area of Westchester Country, NY or Fairfield County, CT then your providers are Altice(Optimum) or Verizon Fios for internet.
If you need help making the switch or installment, you can contact Dominick for further assistance.